QA Analyst Tester ReturnAPPLY
The QA Analyst/Tester works in collaboration with project team leads to translate the requirements and design specifications into test cases for testing. Write test plans and test procedures based on customer requirements, functional specifications, and detailed design documents. Work directly with software and system developers, project managers and, service architects to advise on potential testing pitfalls based upon knowledge of the applications and business requirements.
The QA Analyst/Tester should have a proven track record in creating automated test scripts using QTP for large, complex applications and systems. Experience testing applications developed in SharePoint platform and Software as a Service (SaaS) applications is huge plus for the right candidates. The QA Analyst/Tester Reports to the IT QA Manager.
- Translate requirements and design specs into test plans and test cases.
- Execute test plans/cases, meeting all established deadlines; perform functional system tests, regression tests, negative tests, backend tests, and load tests on new and existing applications.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) / problem management processes.
- Take the initiative to devise innovative ways to define and continually improve the QA and testing processes, and take advantage of industry best practices, tools and technologies to accelerate productivity.
- Monitor, maintain, and provide reports for bug tracking and defect resolution to the team and management and to assist in process improvement.
- Experience with managing and coordinating User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Experience with automated testing tools. QTP and/or Selenium are preferred.
- Experience with testing SaaS applications and SaaS development and testing environments.
BA/BS with 2+ years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of experience with application testing and solid knowledge of the Software Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Ability to write test plans, testing scenarios/test cases/validation checklists.
- Experience with developing automated test scripts using QTP and/or Selenium.
- Experience with manual testing and automated testing tools (QTP and/or Selenium).
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal skills and good team player.
- A solid understanding of quality assurance as part of the development process.
- Demonstrated ability to be detail oriented and a problem solver.
- Time management skills and experience working with low oversight.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field.